How To Fix An Electrolux Washer That Won’t Turn On
When it comes to name brand home appliances, an Electrolux washer makes an excellent addition to any household!
It tackles dirty laundry like a pro, so that you don’t have to do the scrubbing by hand. That is, of course, when it’s working properly.
Unfortunately, because the amount of wear and tear that they get, appliances occasionally break down and need repairs. And, while this can be frustrating, there’s plenty you can do to keep your Electrolux washer working well.
But what about when your washer won’t work?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Below, we’ll take a look at how to fix an Electrolux washer that won’t turn on.
If your Electrolux washer doesn’t turn on, you’ll want to take a look at the power supply, the door, drive motor, and control knobs to try and pinpoint the source of your problem.
Problems With Power Supply
If you’re not getting any power to your Electrolux washer, you’ll need to check the outlet and the circuit breaker to make sure that the outlet is, in fact, getting power.
Here’s how to fix problems with the power supply:
Check the Outlet
- Unplug the washer from the outlet.
- Find a lamp (or another small appliance).
- Plug it into the outlet.
- If the light turns on, the outlet is functioning.
Check the Breaker
- Unplug the washer from the outlet.
- Go to your home’s main circuit breaker panel.
- Locate the appropriate switch. If it’s been tripped, it will already be in the ‘off’ position.
- Flip the switch to the ‘on’ position.
- Plug the washing machine back into the outlet.
- Test the washer to see if you’ve now got power.
Door Won’t Close Properly
There are certain safety features that stop an Electrolux washer from running if the door isn’t closed properly. Here’s what to do if this is the problem that you’ve having.
- Start by unplugging the washer from the outlet.
- Check the door hinges.
- If loose, tighten with a screwdriver.
- If broken, replace the hinges or screws as needed.
- Check the door seal.
- Look for signs of damage like cracks or tears.
- If needed, replace the door seal with a new one.
These steps should solve the problem.
However, sometimes troubleshooting a washer problem is difficult. On that note, a good appliance repair technician can quickly and easily diagnose your Electrolux washer problems.
That’s why you should contact an appliance repair technician for help with your appliance repairs.
Problems With Drive Motor
The drive motor in a washer has an essential function that makes sure the unit cleans your clothing as best it can.
The drive motor is the part that moves the washer basin. It agitates the basin during the washing cycle and then spins the basin during the spin cycle.
If you’ve got problems with the drive motor, your Electrolux washer won’t turn on or function properly.
The only way to know for sure that the drive motor is the problem is to take apart the washing machine. And then, you’ll need to test the drive motor with a multimeter to make sure that it’s working properly.
With that said, unless you have experience repairing Electrolux washers, it’s best to leave this to a professional repair technician.
Issues With The Control Knobs
Another reason why an Electrolux washer won’t turn on may be because of faulty control knobs.
If the control knobs are broken and not making a proper connection with the control panel’s internal circuitry, the washer won’t be able to determine the setting or whether or not it should start.
Here’s how to fix a control knob in an Electrolux front load washer.
- Unplug the appliance from the outlet.
- Pull the washer away from the wall.
- Unscrew the top panel from the washer.
- Remove the panel.
- Set the front panel on the floor (on a blanket or towel).
- Unscrew the control board knob assembly from the panel.
- Remove the knob assembly from the panel.
- Install the new knob assembly.
- Repeat steps in reverse order to reassemble the washer.
With that being said, many of these steps require you to have a working knowledge of Electrolux washers and how they’re put together. So, if you aren’t sure how to correctly replace the control knobs, don’t hesitate to contact an appliance repair technician for assistance.
Broken Control Board
Like the other parts we’ve mentioned, the control board is an important feature of your Electrolux washing machine.
If not working properly, it can stop your washer from turning on and running a normal wash cycle.
To fix your Electrolux washer control board, you can try to reset the unit by unplugging the appliance from the power outlet, waiting a few minutes, and then plugging the washer back into the outlet.
If this doesn’t resolve the problem, contact a professional appliance repair service. Replacing a control board is tricky and can create more serious issues if incorrectly installed.