What To Do If My Samsung Microwave Doesn’t Heat The Food
When your microwave no longer heats up your food, it’s obvious to say, but you’re going to be left frustrated, upset, and above all else, inconvenienced.
That’s why we recommend reading your microwave’s user manual, and getting to know your appliance as much as you can.
That way, when a problem does pop up, you’ll most likely be able to diagnose and possibly even repair your appliance on your own.
Below, we’ll be taking a look at the most common issues we see with Samsung microwaves and what you can do to fix them.
Microwave Is Not Heating Properly
No Power Supply
The most common problem we see with Samsung microwaves not heating is that they’ve accidentally been unplugged, or that a circuit breaker has been tripped, which essentially cuts the power off from the microwave. So for starters, take a look at your microwave’s power cord and make sure that it is properly plugged into the outlet. At the same time, you might also want to inspect the power cord for any signs of damage.
If you find that the cord is cut, sliced, cracked, or frayed, do not attempt to use your microwave. You’ll need to have the cord replaced before it will be safe to use. Alternately, if you can’t see anything wrong with your microwave’s power cord, the next step is going to be to check your home’s main electrical panel for any breakers that may have been tripped.
If you’re in an older home, you might have a fuse box rather than a breaker panel. Either way, if you find any tripped breakers (or blown fuses), you can try to flip the breaker back on (or replacing the fuse) to see if it will restore power to your unit. If not, or if you continue to experience the same problem, it’s likely a good indication that there’s a short circuit somewhere in your appliance.
Burnt Or Loose Wire Connection
When a microwave undergoes a power surge and a component fails, it’s possible that it can cause some wiring issues.
In fact, it’s not unusual to find burnt, charred, or loose wiring connections, especially if the appliance has been dropped by accident. In this case, you’ll most likely be able to notice a burnt smell coming from your appliance when you try to use it.
However, as we’ve mentioned, it’s never safe to disassemble a microwave without the proper training or safety precautions. So if you suspect a wiring issue, we strongly recommend that you contact us today for professional appliance repairs in your area.
The magnetron is the component that essentially turns electricity into usable microwave energy.
In other words, this is the component that produces your heat when you use your microwave.
Therefore, when this component becomes faulty, you’ll most likely have a microwave that still has power, but it simply won’t produce any heat when in operation.
To diagnose and/or to repair this component, you’ll unfortunately need to disassemble the microwave to gain access.
However, due to the safety concerns over doing so, we strongly urge you not to attempt to do this on your own.
Defective Thermal Fuse
Just like your home using breakers or fuses to prevent electrical fires and damage, your microwave will also use a thermal fuse, which will break before any serious damage can occur.
Typically, this fuse will blow either when the appliance overheats, or undergoes a power surge.
To resolve a defective thermal fuse, you’ll simply need to replace it with a new one.
For this, you can refer yourself to your microwave’s user manual to find the location of the thermal fuse. Or, if you need a hand, don’t hesitate to contact Denver Appliance Repair today!
Bad Door Latch
Finally, we’re sure that you already understand why it’s unsafe to operate your microwave with the door open. Not only can this cause severe burns or injury, but operating your microwave with the door open can also allow harmful microwave energy to escape.
In turn, when your unit’s door is properly closed and latched, it tells the appliance’s computer that it is safe to operate.
Therefore, if the door latch or any of its wiring connections are broken or bad, you most likely won’t be able to operate your microwave.